Who’s ready to run? We know your pup’s ears just perked up. If initiating some serious tail wags isn’t enough, we’ve got another reason to get moving.
Now through September, you can use your workouts to help raise money for the Humane Society of the United States through our partnership with the Charity Miles fitness app. For every two miles or more that an app user walks, jogs, hikes or pedals for HSUS, SmartyPaws will donate fifty cents per mile, up to $25,000.
SmartyPaws for Charity Miles
“We’re excited to partner with Charity Miles to celebrate the launch of SmartyPaws and donate additional funds to the Humane Society of the United States to make sure animals everywhere have a healthier, happier tomorrow, ” said Courtney Nichols Gould, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of SmartyPants Vitamins.
The Humane Society of the U.S is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization. Each year they rescue more than 100,000 animals. With every rescue they consider the underlying causes and seek to change the bigger picture.
“We’ve heard from Charity Miles participants that they often use the app while walking their dogs, so it was a natural fit for us to partner with SmartyPaws to benefit HSUS,” said Gene Gurkoff of Charity Miles. “Our app is all about doing something easy to make the world a better place, just like making healthy choices for your family – and four-legged friends – every day.”
Animals may not have the option to speak for themselves. The Humane Society of the U.S. gives them a voice, and we’re super excited to be joining the chorus. You can too!
Follow these easy steps
After you download the app on your phone, do the following:
- On the homescreen of your app, you’ll see a challenge for the Humane Society of the U.S., sponsored by SmartyPaws.
- Click the “Dedicate Workout” button in the challenge card.
- Your charity will be temporarily set to The Humane Society of the U.S.
- Choose your activity and get going!
Because we want to make the world a happier and healthier place for everyone – scaled, slimy, feathered, furry or otherwise. In addition to our Charity Miles partnership, we also make a donation to this incredible organization for every SmartyPaws product sold.
Still need a few more reasons to up your cardio with your canine cohabitant?
Here are 5 more health benefits to seeing Spot run:
- Getting outside with your dog helps you be more social and feel less isolated.
- Regular activity with your pup can lead to a healthy digestive system, strong bones and muscles and increased agility for both of you.
- Healthiness is happiness, and nothing melts the heart like a slobbery smile after a long day on the trail.
- Active dogs who get to burn off excess energy with regular exercise are less likely to have behavioral issues.
- Because puppies.
Posted on July 17, 2018